lunes, 22 de junio de 2009

Before I take my first step ....

Tomorrow morning, I am off to start what I hope to be is an unforgettable experience. It's really a reflective point in my life. I'm halfway done with college. I'm turning 20 soon. It's as if I'm stopping to take a breath on top of a mountain, and I'm looking back at my footsteps and where I've trekked for my first 20 years. In front of me though, and on the other side of the mountain, is where I'm headed. I don't know what it will bring. But I feel that I'm starting it off right with this adventure.

To fully capture the meaning of something, sometimes it's best to remove yourself from that situation and try to view it as an observer, as someone not emotionally attached. I feel that's what I'm doing. I've left my usual relationships and everyday life back home in the United States and now this time away from it really helps me see how significant they are and which ones have been most important to me.

My time is Spain so far has been unforgettable. My thoughts on life, the world, religion, relationships, and love have all tremendously benefitted. I am in debt to so many people who have made this possible. Thank you.

I don't know if I'll be able to write anymore on here for a while. Firstly, I don't know if we'll be able to find computers to use. Secondly, I think our director wants us to stay away from electronics of any sort. But if I find a computer and have something I really want to share, maybe I'll sneak on it real quick.

Other than that, my bags are packed and my tickets are bought. A new chapter in the story of my life starts now.

May God bless all of you and protect you.

Love,
Jack

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario